Tech geek….yep that’s me. I make no bones about. I am a bonafide certified tech geek! So when I realized that iTeach 1:1 and Learning to the Core were hosting a weekly Tune Into Technology linky party…*gasp* I just HAD to join in!
I use technology in so many different ways! With us going to a 1:1 deployment, my brain is buzzing with new ideas, since the students will have immediate access to those devices. When we had the class set of netbooks it would be a hassle to get them out, make sure they’re charged, put them up mid-day to charge them so that we can use the rest of the day. But despite that, we were able to do miraculous things!
Web 2.0 Tools That We’ve Used
- Kidblog – Our class blogging tool. Students also used kidblog to save their writing drafts before having to submit them to me or post them to other sites.
- Edmodo – Our social networking hub. Students are able to take assessments on Edmodo (that I don’t have to grade! :-)), respond to polls, post questions, and writing assignments. I absolutely <3 it!
- Xtranormal – Xtranormal instantly turns your words into a 3D animated movie. You can choose your characters and the motions/emotions that you’d like them to exhibit.
- Animoto – Take pictures, videos, and music and create a beautiful movie! Students have created book trailers, videos about them, videos that focus on the particular theme from a novel or story.
- Wordle and Taxedo – word clouds. Students have created word clouds about themselves, characters, novels, themes, etc. With Taxedo, the word clouds can actually take the shape you want.
- and today’s highlight…..Voki – talking avatars.
Students created Voki’s for a variety of reasons. They used them to introduce themselves, created a character description, and in the example provided below, show understanding of a particular skill or concept. Check out these examples below:
And don’t forget that my Bloglovin’ giveaway will be running until July 1st. Click here to link up!
Until the next time,