Today is the last Friday before Spring Break….yippeee! And it has been a whirlwind of a week! For this first time eva…..I’m linking up with Doodlebugs for her Five for Friday!
The rules are simple…..post five random things about your week. Post on your blog and then go over to Doodlebugs and link up!
1. We had our standardized writing test this week. We made it through!! I created prize cards for each student and set requirements for them to earn their teacher’s initials. On Day 1, students had to make sure they used a graphic organizer to plan, colored pencils to highlight voice strategies (compound and complex sentences, SAT words, and vivid vocabulary), and have a clean final draft. On Day 2, students had to annotate beside their multiple choice answer choices.
Out of our 110 students…..90 made it to the party. And boy did we party! We shut down our hall and had activities in each room. We also provided them with mini ice cream sundaes. I’m not sure who had more fun – the kids or us! I had so much fun I totally forgot to take pictures! 🙁
2. I created a Facebook page this week for the blog. If you get the chance, stop over and like my page……*shameless plug*
I am really excited about sharing my professional experiences with friends and colleagues. This will also give me a chance to utilize a different media outlet to reach other teachers. Here is my favorite post pic so far…..
3. I’ve been invited to present at the UTC (Upstate Technology Conference) this summer! I am so excited! After the last conference I attended, I decided that it was time to start putting myself out there. I’ve really gotten into the technology integration and I think that’s the route I want to take. So here goes….
4. Since this week was so serious with the testing, I thought we’d spend the last two days doing some unserious work. *smile* Insert “The Ransom of Red Chief”. If you haven’t read this short story do it now! It is about to swindlers who decide to kidnap a little boy. But in the classic O. Henry style, nothing happens the way it’s supposed to. It’s a great story to teach irony and I found this awesome internet resource to use: Internet Academy – The Ransom of Red Chief
5. I’m determined to get back on the healthy fitness track. My exercising has definitely been sporadic lately. It’s time for me quit whining and do something about it, hence my new toy. I’ve purchased another heart rate monitor to hopefully get me motivated to work out harder.
So here are my Five for Friday, what are yours? Click on the Five for Friday pic to head over the Doodlebugs and link up!